Serving: 2 to 3 Persons
1 unripe mango( raw mango)
1/2 cup grated jagerry
1 tspn red chilly powder
3 tbspn dry grated coconut
2 tbspn urad dal
1 1/2 tbspn oil
1/2 tspn mustard seeds
1/2 tspn asafoetida
1 tspn fenugreek seeds
4-5 curry leaves
salt as per taste
1. Peel raw mango and cut into medium cubes. Roast dy grated coconut and urad dal till turns brown, then grind them together to make powder.
2. Heat oil in a saucepan. Add mustard seeds. let it crackle. Add fenugreek seeds,curry leaves. Add asafotida when u smell a nice aroma. Next add raw mango chunks. Stir well.
3. Add red chilly powder and salt. Mix well. Add 1/4 cup of water, cover saucepan with a lid and let it cook completely for 5-10 minutes.
4. Add grated jagerry when raw mango cook completely. Add more water to make gravy. You can make gravy thin or thick as you like. Boil till jagerry melts.
5. Add dry coconut and urad dal powder. Boil for a minute. Let the kairas cool down completely and then serve with chapati.
Tip: You can store Kairas in the fridge for 2 to 3 weeks.
Add jagerry as per raw mango's sourness.