Read this recipe in Marathi
Servings: 2 to 3 Persons
10-12 okra (bhindi)
1/2 cup fresh scrapped coconut
2 green chilies
1/2 tbspn oil
1/4 tspn mustard seeds
1/4 tspn asafoetida
salt as per taste
1/2 tspn sugar
1 pinch of dry mango powder
1/2 cup buttermilk
1. Chop okra into small pieces.
2. Heat oil in a wok. Add mustard seeds. Let it crackle then add asafoetida. Add okra pieces.
3. Stir for 2-3 minutes. Add some salt and dry mango powder. Cover and let it cook for 5 minutes.
4. Grind scrapped coconut and green chilies together to make a fine paste.
5. Add this paste to the stir fried okra and mix well. Add salt and sugar.
6. Add 1/2 - 1 cup of water and bring it to boil.
7. Turn off the heat. Add buttermilk to the curry and serve with hot plain rice.