Servings: 2 Persons
1 Cup sabudana (Sago)
1 small potato(boiled and peeled)/4-5 small cubes of cucumber
3 tbspn roasted peanut powder
2 green chilies chopped
½ tspn cumin seeds
1 ¼ tspn sugar
3 tbspn fresh grated coconut
1 tbspn coriander leaves chopped
1 tspn lemon juice
Salt to taste
2 tbsn ghee
1. Wash sabudana 2 to 3 times and soak in ¾ cup of water for 7-8 hours.Once it properly soaked; sabudana grains will became tender and separated.
2. Add sugar, salt and peanut powder to sabudana. Mix well with your hands. Cut potatoes into 1” small cubes.
3. Heat ghee in kadhai. Add cumin seeds. When cumin seeds crackle add green chilies. Then add the potato cubes sauté for 2 minutes then add sabudana. In first 5-7 minutes without covering kadhai stir well.
4. Add fresh grated coconut, chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice. Mix well. Cover the kadhai with lid. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Serve hot with sweet yogurt or sweet lemon pickle.
Labels: Fasting food recipes, Maharashtrian sabudana khichadi, Sago recipes