Read this recipe in Marathi
Serving: 4 to 6 Persons
2 cups all purpose flour/ plain flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cups unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 tspn baking powder
1 tspn vanilla essence
1/2 cup cold milk
2 tbspn red wine + 2 tbspn homemade sugar syrup
8" dia baking container/tin
1. Sift all purpose flour, cocoa powder and baking powder in a large bowl. Mix well to combine.
2. Grind sugar to make a fine powder. Beat all eggs nicely. Beat butter and sugar together till you get a nice smooth texture. Beat in one direction.
3. Mix Beaten butter-sugar with beaten eggs. Again beat them nicely. Beat in one direction.
4. Mix beaten mixture with dry ingredients. Avoid lumps.Mix well and beat nicely.
5. Add milk and beat again. Beat in one direction, it will help to get a nice spongy cake.
6. Add vanilla essence and mix well. Batter should have a nice smooth texture.
7. Grease baking tin and dust with flour.
8. Pour batter lightly into the tin to avoid bubbles.
9. Preheat oven on 350F temp. and bake cake for 30 minutes or until the cake is springy to touch and a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. You will also find the cake leaving the sides of the tin.
10. Cool the cake by leaving it aside for 1 minute or so. Then invert the tin over a rack and tap it gently to unmould the cake.
11.Gently hold the cake and give a complete horizontal cut from the center. Spray/ sprinkle mixture of wine and sugar syrup on the inside portion of the cake to give a nice flavour and moisture.
12. Place the cut upper portion on the bottom portion. Cut into medium pieces and serve.