Servings: 2 to 3 persons
3/4 cup rice
1 1/2 cup water for pressure cooking rice
1/2 - 3/4 cup thick yogurt(curd)
1/4 cup milk
1 1/2 tspn sugar
salt as per taste
1/4 tspn mustard seeds
1/4 tspn cumin
2 stuffed masala chilies or 1-2 dry chilies and 1/4 tspn asafoetida
2-3 curry leaves
1 tbspn oil
2 tspn chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
Stuffed Masala Chilly
1. Pressure cook rice with 1 1/2 cups of water. Let it cool down completely.
2. Add yogurt and milk to the cooked rice and mix well.
3. Add salt and sugar and mix well.
4. Heat oil in a small saucepan. Fry masala chilly till turn light brown. Add mustard seeds let it crackle. then add cumin,curry leaves and give tadka to the rice. Mix well and keep it covered for sometime. Crush masala chilly in the rice and mix it nicely.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with any pickle or subzi.