Servings: 2 Persons
3 cups vegetable stock
3/4 cup finely chopped spring onion
1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
1/2 cup shredded cabbage
1 1/2 tbspn dark soya sauce (I use ching's secret )
2 tspn tomato ketchup
1 tspn chilly sauce
1 tspn vinegar
1/4 tspn ajinomoto (MSG)
1/2" ginger, minced
3-4 medium garlic cloves,minced
1 green chilly,finely chopped
1/2 tspn black pepper
1 1/2 tbspn corn flour
2 tbspn oil
1 tspn sugar
salt to taste
25 grams noodles and oil for deep frying
1. Boil noodles in the water till cooked. Drain water and deep fry boiled noodles till golden brown.
2. Heat oil in a cookware. Add minced ginger-garlic and chopped green chilly. Sauté for a minute then add chopped spring onion. Stir for 2 minutes.
3. Add 1/2 tbspn of soya sauce,chilly sauce and tomato ketchup. Add black pepper,vinegar sugar and some salt. Stir on high flame/heat.
4. Add chopped carrots and shredded cabbage. Stir for a minute on high flame/heat. Add MSG and stir.
5. Mix corn flour and 1 tbspn of soya sauce with vegetable stock. Avoid flour lumps and add to the vegetables. Add salt and bring it to boil.
6. Boil soup till it becomes thick.
7. Garnish soup with fried noodles and chopped spring onion and serve hot.