Read this recipe in Marathi
Servings: 25-30 Puris
2 cups wheat flour
1 tbspn oil (mohan)
2 tspn sesame seeds (til)
1 tspn carom seeds (ajwain)
1 tspn red chilly powder
1/2 tspn turmeric powder
1 tspn sugar
salt to taste (approx 1 1/2 tspn)
water for kneading dough
oil for deep frying
1. In a large plate take wheat flour. Add all the spices, sugar and salt. Add oil and combine well.
2. Knead medium soft dough with water.Keep it covered for 1/2 an hour.
3. Make small balls of 1" in size. Roll out each ball to a small circle of 3" dia. Do not make it very thin.
4. Heat sufficient oil in wok. Put a small piece of dough and check if the oil is hot enough. Piece of dough should sizzle and come up slow. Deep fry each circle on high heat (flame) and make puris.
5. Serve puris with tomato ketchup.